I can not even begin to express to you the insanity of the week that I have had so far. Work has been abnormally crazy, my alarm has begun a full out attack on me, and Lemon has developed a super sniffing nose that requires her to linger on every single thing that has any bit of scent. Needless to say, I have been craving some calm/me time. However, I am determined to not be overwhelmed at every moment of each day. So I have decided to stop at least once a week and physically write/type what I am thankful for. In doing so, here is a list of my current thankfuls:
1. My wonderful brother in law coming to town. Jacob and Jordan got to spend a couple days together of brotherly bonding this week by going to a concert, talking about the future (ex: discussing in length the future pizza place they want to open, called “Slice of Life” and the detailed “Man V. Food” type challenges that they will offer), watching shows about epic battles/ Hell’s Kitchen, and exploring Austin through the lens of Instagram.
(The wall at Rounders, a new pizza place we have come to love)
(Action shot at its best)
(The Sniffing Diva.)
2. A new office. I have to say that I work with some of the greatest people on the planet. I could devote an entire post to the folks in my office, they are just that cool. Before the big move on Monday, there was a constant 4 people sharing 1 office. Our VP (Alexis) and I shared a desk, Cassie (of classiecassie on my side bar) had her own desk, and Kim (intern extraordinaire) had a baby sized desk. Recently, we brought on a new girl to take care of finances…desk space was obviously limited. Thankfully, there was an opening in an office just down the hall so Alexis and I got moved. I miss the random moments of office yoga, celeb gossip, and other girl type chatter but I have loved being in this new space.
3. A moment of calm which is being spent blogging and listening to my Decemberists pandora station.
4. A Skype date with Lauren Sportsman, as well as finishing her care package which will be sent to Colorado asap.
5. Short hair, new shoes, and scoring the best blue pen in the office.
Okay, peace time over. Back to the insanity that is my job right now. I hope your Thursday has been happy and that you have found a moment of peace in your own crazy.